This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

repeating a week's scaling

Started by mrobertweiss, May 8, 2014 · 6 Replies · 187 Views

mrobertweiss

It seems impossible to merely repeat a week's scaling of a single  execise one is having difficulty with, without altering many of the others' in the series. For instance, if I am just able to maintain 36 seconds hollow holds for 5 rounds (FLPE6), and fail for longer durations, why can I not repeat a week of that , or two,  without altering so many other exercises calculated  in the week's workout?  There is no 'back button', only an  'advance' button on the workout calculator. If you  advance on everything else in a 3/2 foundation/handstand weekly workout, and try to  keep the FLPE6 where it was, by altering the "account" settings, it  auto-alters just about everything else to what you don't want. 

 

I could of course just do what I need to do, but the utility of the configured workout week page is rendered  very confusing to use, and obviates its utility, at least for me. Is there some obvious thing I am doing wrong? I realize the deloads occur  q 4 weeks regardless. I have also tried to find a thread with this problem outlined and answered, but don't seem to have found it. 

meras

the online utility is a great tool, to see what I should be aiming for. But the litte portable notebook is where the magic happens, it allows adjustments on the fly without messing everything up.

MT Nordic

yes, i agree. the utility of the scheduler is not as good as it could be. But it is very difficult otherwise to keep all the deload weeks in sync. I use the scheduler as a guide, but there's always a few things that are different.

mrobertweiss

ok, thanks, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't some simple fix. It is easy enough to just use a notebook. However the notion that you can just plug things in and go,not have to  spend any time sorting out these exercises  is promulgated in  the course description, so I wanted to be certain there wasn't an aspect of this I was missing. No problem.

RJS
mrobertweiss said:

promulgated

Nice, learned a new word today

David Creekmore

I keep a log because I'm interested in the history sometimes.  Haven't looked at the scheduler in weeks.  

 

But the current workout is always in my head.  At first I thought it was overwhelming, but I even keep my own customizations in my head now.  (Like increments smaller than posted to get that final mastery.)

meras
David Creekmore said:

I keep a log because I'm interested in the history sometimes.  Haven't looked at the scheduler in weeks.  

 

But the current workout is always in my head.  At first I thought it was overwhelming, but I even keep my own customizations in my head now.  (Like increments smaller than posted to get that final mastery.)

This. It comes with times but after a while you just know what needs to be done. I've been on schedule and I haven't looked in my planner for 2 weeks.