This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How long to rest between wrist work sets?

Started by Andrew Tan, May 8, 2014 · 9 Replies · 450 Views

Andrew Tan

I'm wondering how long should i rest in between sets of the wrist works? What im doing now is supersetting between 2 wrist exercises, not sure if it's okay

Keilani Gutierrez

I do WP, FKP, WR, FTP as a giant set and up until recently was doing the iM's(1-3) between sets as rest, to keep up with my mobility. 

 

Coach and the GB Coaches have given us some lee-way on what we choose to do here, since i'm kind of a fan of installing mobility through the workout now, i just do that :) 

 

so you can:

1. giant set them + keep going
2. put some rest at the end of the giant set or some mobility

 

sometime's I stand for a moment and contemplate my existence. but that's because PE3's are really starting to give me cramps :D #nervouslaugh

Jon Douglas

I straight giant set them :)

dritar

Giant set for me, but no pressure. 

Wolf with one Ear

I am also working the wrists with a giant set, with 30 seconds between sets.  I reduced the time between sets gradually, with the idea that the wrist work is not supposed to be too intense.  I occasionally will do mobility work between sets. 

brown.3794

I just started H1 today. I completed all off the wrist sets together then I did hs-pe1 and im together is that correct or am I supposed to go through wp through hs-pe-im 1 as one set then repeat the cycle.

Andrew Tan
brown.3794 said:

I just started H1 today. I completed all off the wrist sets together then I did hs-pe1 and im together is that correct or am I supposed to go through wp through hs-pe-im 1 as one set then repeat the cycle.

yea u are suppose to do all wrist stretches and  wrist PEs first, then move on to doing HS/PEs with the iMs

DonGray

Is anyone finding these wrist pushups hard on the triceps or am i just being a pu$$y?? :)

My triceps are fried after these giant sets- on week 11 its 100 pressups altogether, thats after the previous day of foundation 1 with upper body pressing. If I do that twice a week, thats 200 extra pushups as well as PPP on the x2 upper body days.....

Im wondering how long it will take for me to get used to this?

Ravn
DonGray said:

Is anyone finding these wrist pushups hard on the triceps or am i just being a pu$$y?? :)

My triceps are fried after these giant sets- on week 11 its 100 pressups altogether, thats after the previous day of foundation 1 with upper body pressing. If I do that twice a week, thats 200 extra pushups as well as PPP on the x2 upper body days.....

Im wondering how long it will take for me to get used to this?

Don't know about the rest of you, but I only use full ROM on the wrist pushups, and abbreviated rom for the other three. I just add enough momentum to raise the palm in the first knuckle PU and finger PU.

Jon Douglas

I use full rom...

Wrist and first knuckle pushups I try to deliberately slow down the wrist parts. Ftp I tend to go a bit faster because it's hard to get onto tips slowly. Wrist rocks are back to slow.