This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL SE5

Started by suprtank, May 7, 2014 · 5 Replies · 378 Views

suprtank

I am having a lot of trouble building up to the 5x30 of mastery. Once warmed up my first set I can usually only get 12-15 seconds. I have tried them on the floor and on pbars. It seems that I can't keep my forward lean and my legs begin to droop to my elbows. What else can I do to build up the necessary strength here? Are there any other supplemental exercises I can do? It's killing me and I'm getting really discouraged.

Gavin S

I'm not on this element yet but as a general principle if I advance to an element and I really struggle on it then I question my mastery standards of the previous one (or more) elements in the same family. How is your SE4?

Jon Douglas

The F1 spl mobility exercises cover this motion /activation pretty well. Id revisit them in my warmup if I were you, maybe play with moving the support higher on my body than required for F1 to put more demand on extending the whole lower back/hip area :)

Jon Douglas

(Naturally you could put this motion on a bent arm pl if you wanted more upper body too :) )

suprtank

As it turns out I have decided to knock my self back down a few rungs to sPL SE2. We'll see what happens.

RyanC

sPLSE5 doesn't require 30s for mastery. Are you sure you are talking about that progression?

 

Open Planche Single Leg Extension: sPL/SE5
Mastery
To move to the next progression, you must be able to perform 5 sets of 10r (alternate legs) along with the coupled mobility.