This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE11 Wrist Wall HS is killing my trap ;-)

Started by Sascha Faltinger, May 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 366 Views

Sascha Faltinger

hi all,

i didn't expect that this exercise gets so difficult after the first set. my trapecius is killing me.

I can feel the more open shoulder, the more flexed wrists. Love this exercise!!! for me the hardest one for HS1.

think it will make great strength gain and of course much better alignment. Any thoughts?

Enjoy the progress!!! :-)

sascha

MT Nordic

It's the exact level I'm at right now as well. I expected once I mastered 60 wall runs this would be easy, but it is not! Really pronounced fatigue in the levator scapulae for me. I agree...great exercise progression.

Nash

I just got here as hell, I mean as well.

 

 

A real challenge.

 

 

-Nash

Sascha Faltinger

nash,

just read your status. feel with you. great shoulder opener and wrist strengthener... happy training.

curtis

Finally here. Shoulders way more open, strength improved, hollow awareness improving.... now it's time to take the toddler training wheels off and begin to learn real control and balance. I expect a long term affair with this one.

 

Slight deviation from the program: I've looped an elastic band around the widest part of my stall bars at heel height. This prevents falling out in overbalance when strength diminishes, and allows me to continue to work maintaining the lightest touch against the bars (or no touch at all). This still feels a little like a strength exercise just as much as skill work, so I don't want to fall out completely- late in a set. Eventually, that band will be unnecessary too.