This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE 9 - stalling and inconsistent progress

Started by Gavin S, May 7, 2014 · 1 Replies · 129 Views

Gavin S

Hi all,

 

I am working to get the 4 x 60 under control. I can pass the 4 x 48. My best effort is a 4 rep effort of 60s, 50s, 50s, 50s.

 

I train HS twice a week and I am finding that my performance varies wildly. For example, in the session following my best effort I really battled and I couldn't make one 50s hold. So basically I am finding it hard to put two really strong HS sessions together.

 

Does anyone have any ideas? Is it maybe the load from my Foundation work is impacting my H1 work? I would have thought that over this amount of time I would have adapted to the load.

MT Nordic

Are you deloading? Mine really benefitted from that. When I plateau'd like you, I could do 48 sec no prob but that last 12 sec added lactate like crazy. Just keep adding a few extra seconds workout to workout, take your deload week, then go for mastery. Enjoy, and remember you can take longer breaks between sets than you do in foundation since this is skill work.