This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 + im form check

Started by Alessandro Pantanella, May 7, 2014 · 5 Replies · 167 Views

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi guys,

finally I moved on PE2, yay!

 

Besides struggling with the im I've tried to progress slowly on PE1 because even if I could hold it for 5x60s almost from the beginning my neck wasn't liking it.

 

PE2 felt good from the first try but I want to make sure not to make mistakes and hurt my neck.

 

Here my second set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRHW3YeKHQ

 

I'm placing the hair line on the floor on this video but probably should go a bit higher like I was doing on PE1.

 

How much weight do you put on your hand/shoulders?

 

For the im this set was better than the 1st and the 3rd was way better than this but my hands are pretty wide, hopefully some dislocates + wall stretch will help.

 

Any comment is welcome.

 

Thanks,

 

Alessandro

 

NoHiddenCosts

Reverse your hand grip for the iM! (Take another look at Coach's Athlete's hands and yours) 

Alessandro Pantanella

It's crazy how one can miss such details even after studying the videos over and over :-P

Thanks!

TANSTAAFL

Yeah, the weight distribution can be a little hairy. Depending on how strong/comfortable your neck is you want to try and get as vertical as possible, i.e. more weight on your head than hands. This isn't a requirement for mastery afaik, but if you can it's good practice for your line.

 

If you do more of what the demo vid shows you will be more at an angle as you were, but you looked like you were struggling a little which leads me to think you might be putting not enough weight on the head. Putting lots of weight on the hands turns this into a completely different beast. Coach has stated elsewhere to aim for a 50/50 distribution, but he also said the head position is choice as to more forehead or top of the head.

Duff

PE looks good, but like you said, take it slow and let the neck gradually adapt. 

 

For iM the most important cue for me was pulling apart on the stick.

Alessandro Pantanella

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions TANSTAAFL.

I'll implement it for sure in my next sessions.

For sure I'll have to experiment a bit with head position.

Duff I think that's a very good cue. I actually did that and it helped.

Thanks