This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is It OK to Press Your Fingers Down To The Max in HS/PE11?

Started by Nash, May 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 241 Views

Nash

Hello all!

 

I just started PE11 today @ 3 inches from the wall and pressing my fingers with INSANE intensity is the only thing keeping me from overbalancing. The inside of my wrists and palms are feeling a bit numb because of this.

 

Is this to be expected or is this indicative of issues with my line?

 

 

Micawberian

Hmm, this definitely did not happen to me unless the line is off somewhere. To be honest, I cannot tell with certainty your body line from this angle, but I get the impression that your ribs are slightly flaring, since it looks from here that your lower ribs/stomach area is touching the wall. And if the shoulders start to close you will experience this finger pressure. I can't be certain without a perfect side view, so we will have to wait for the experts :) (Alex!!).

What I can tell you for sure is that you shouldn't be pressing your fingers down this hard. This intense feeling happens to me only if the shoulders are closing. As in the notes in other exercises, in the optimum line the weight of the body remains spread closer to the palms and 1" from the heel of the hand.

Nash

Thanks for the input. My upper chest is touching. Stomach and hips are not. I'll take 90 degree side view soon. Thanks again!

Nash

What are your thoughts regarding my line, good enough or needs work?

I started focusing more on opening the shoulders and that took a lot of pressure away from the fingers and also allowed me to come closer to the wall.

Thanks!

-Nash

Nash

Bump. Guys, is my line in the video above good enough to move on to the next element?