This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Working around a new injury

Started by kdharani, May 6, 2014 · 2 Replies · 109 Views

kdharani

Hello all,

 

Prior to getting in to F1, I was interested and active in Parkour. I went for a session on Sunday and had a small accident where I bashed the front of my knee into a pole. I had no pain the rest of the Sunday, and it was relatively manageable on Monday but I am full out limping today. I wrapped it up for now while I am at work and will ice it when I am at home. I have been injured like this years ago and I think it took about a week to heal.

 

Now today I was supposed to do one of my F3 workouts on a deload week (SL/PE1 - microcycle 1, MN/PE1 - microcycle 3, SLS/PE1 - microcycle 2). I really don't think I can do SLS with this injury and MN will probably be pretty uncomfortable. What should I do for this week? Hold off for a couple days until I heal up or still try to train through the injury?

 

Any advice/insight is appreciated.

 

Thanks!

MarcinTrybalski

Well in general you should never do an exercice which causes pain, you know... so i would assume SLS is definitly out. If bending your leg without any pressure doesn`t lead to any pain you could try MN for sure... and SL anyway. In conclusion you should just listen to your body... if something hurts leave it otherwise go for it ;)

Joshua Slocum

Let it heal. Don't train through pain.