This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Clicky Knee

Started by Simon Robinson, May 6, 2014 · 7 Replies · 172 Views

Simon Robinson

Hi all. Appologies if this has been covered many time before I have looked through previous posts but nothing matched exactly.

 

I have a injury from years ago from grappling when a guy fell on my leg. Ever since then it changed in its senstation when doing squats etc. So now doing foundation SLS/PE1 as I go down to the bottom position before the roll back I get a little click in the right knee. If I use ALOT of tension and pull myself down then I can sometimes avoid the click. There is no pain. Just wondering if a lot of people have gone through Foundation with similar experiences and come out the other side with a knee that no longer clicks.

 

Thanks for any info.

 

Simon

Joshua Slocum

It should be fine. I don't know if the click will be fixed by Foundation but your knees should certainly end up stronger. Make sure to monitor the knee carefully though; watch out for developing pain.

Matt Ferg

How does your right knee fair when it comes to added flexion to your quad and foot (terminal knee extension)? For example if you sit on the floor, both feet straight out.... flex your quad and your foot. Your feet should both lift off the ground as you flex, your knee. Do it in front of a mirror and see if your right foot has the same height as the left foot when flexing your quad and foot.

Aydrian

I have a knee that makes a grinding sound every time I squat below parallel. It has done this for about a year when there was a sudden pain that disappeared after about 15 minutes. Now there is no pain but every time I squat my left knee makes this sound. The sound comes from inside the knee joint.

Should I be worried about this? I think the sound may come from meniscus tear or maybe some cartilage damage but I have no pain at all which is maybe an indicator that there is no real damage done.

And for the OP I have completed foundation series for SLS, and my knee hasn't changed.  

dritar

My knees click as well and I've never had any knee injuries. If it doesn't hurt or produce strange sensations it's probably fine. 

Keilani Gutierrez

exploring with a foam roller + lacrosse ball and testing mobility is a good way to see what's up. free ROM after a few adhesions removed is incentive to give your body some self-massage. :)

Simon Robinson
Matt Ferg said:

How does your right knee fair when it comes to added flexion to your quad and foot (terminal knee extension)? For example if you sit on the floor, both feet straight out.... flex your quad and your foot. Your feet should both lift off the ground as you flex, your knee. Do it in front of a mirror and see if your right foot has the same height as the left foot when flexing your quad and foot.

I just did this and the right foot is slight (very slightly) lower than the left.

Simon Robinson

Thanks everyone for your contributions I will continue on and see how it develops. I am going slow so fingers crossed.