Nutrition on non F/HS days

Started by Ross DeCamp, May 6, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,081 Views

Ross DeCamp

I am confused on how to eat on non Foundation/HS days. Should I follow the eat every 2hrs post workout schedule outlines in Joshua's Perfect Workout Nutrition or should I be using a macro calculator?

 

As far as macros go, I have no idea how much I need to be getting. Probably a few silly questions but I just don't know where to begin.

 

I am about 173 pounds and 5"10.

 

Thanks!

Daniel Burnham

According to the theory behind Josh's strategy you should eat much less carbs on non workout days. You can also eat less often.

In practice I generally just eat whatever I fancy on my weekend off day and stick to three good meals on the off day during the week. I find that sometimes the huge meals on the weekend help me recover for the week. But then I am probably still at a slight carb deficit throughout the week even with post workout feedings.

Ross DeCamp

Alright that helps a lot. Thanks a bunch Daniel.