This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

increasing HBP/PE2 mastery reps or sets until achieving a good Planche lean

Started by Spphysio, May 6, 2014 · 11 Replies · 324 Views

Spphysio

I have almost completed mastery for HBP/PE2 but my planche Lean needs lots of work so I was thinking to increase the reps of the pushups to 20 or increase the number of sets performed until I have a decent planche lean to progress on HBP/PE3.

 

Do you think this is a good idea?

 

Or maybe I can continue training pushups but try to bring the hands closer to the hips so basically perform PPP without the lean and withnot so much hollow body

 

thoughts?

Jon Douglas

Better to keep a warmup set of pushups and start working on PPP, even if its with a lesser lean :) get straight onto strength development.

Spphysio
Jon Douglas said:

Better to keep a warmup set of pushups and start working on PPP, even if its with a lesser lean :) get straight onto strength development.

I was thinking performing something like the following performed by Daniel on Fitness FAQ until I have a solid lean.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odcPqBOlJhI

Jon Douglas
Spphysio said:

I was thinking performing something like the following performed by Daniel on Fitness FAQ until I have a solid lean.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odcPqBOlJhI

Interesting. Clearly a strong guy, but we'd fail him for the back arch in his demo of the 'correct' PPP :)

 

What were you thinking about doing? The ones he demonstrates as 'poor?' Waste of time IMO deliberately and arbitrarily limiting yourself. Just use as much a lean as you currently can, build up strength there, and repeat. It will help your lean develop faster too :)

Spphysio

Actually I was thinking performing the ''correct'' version with the back arch which I can perform with as much lean as he uses.

Jon Douglas
Spphysio said:

Actually I was thinking performing the ''correct'' version with the back arch which I can perform with as much lean as he uses.

Bad habit-forming and not as productive as less lean with a good hollow in my opinion.

You're free to do what you think is best of course :)

Spphysio

Will Follow your advice: move on to PPP  ;)

Mark Collins

The push ups in the warm ups get easy, it's the PPP you need to start on. I started with a small lean and can now do a full lean after 12 months. It has been slow, but my strength from these is so much better.

B1214N
Mark Collins said:

The push ups in the warm ups get easy, it's the PPP you need to start on. I started with a small lean and can now do a full lean after 12 months. It has been slow, but my strength from these is so much better.

Are you referring to the lean in the F1 video as the full lean? Because that isn't really the full lean; it's just the lean you should be doing at F1 level just to clarify.

Mark Collins
B1214N said:

Are you referring to the lean in the F1 video as the full lean? Because that isn't really the full lean; it's just the lean you should be doing at F1 level just to clarify.

The one in the video. I don't want to think of how hard a technical full lean will be!

B1214N

Yeah, the technical full lean is almost a full planche.

Adriano Augusto

Listen to Jon, seriously.

 

PPP = work on them with less lean but stay tight and hollow, build strenght form there.

 

Planche leans = keep practice practice practice and increasing the lean

 

Pushups = warm up when mastered.

 

There's no more to say :D