This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest between sets for optimal strength gains

Started by treemantyler, May 5, 2014 · 3 Replies · 363 Views

treemantyler

Hey guys, I'm just curious as to how much time is spent in between your work sets. I know Coach says to only rest long enough to perform your iM exercises in between; however, this can be pretty quick sometimes. For fastest strength gains, what has been your trend with rest sets in between. I honestly enjoy getting my heart rate up by going somewhat fast but I also want to have optimal strength gains as well. 

treemantyler

Good, I actually prefer it this way…You get to work up a sweat and finish faster!

Alessandro Mainente

remember that is resistance strenght training, nothing more. all the resistance programs have very low rest, less or equal to 30s.

Joshua Slocum

Note that the goal of Foundation is not soleley strength gains. It is to build up strength and work capacity. Adding in additional rest may allow you to master elements sooner, but your strength-endurance will be significantly lower. As a result, you'll be at a disadvantage when trying to progress through the Rings and Hungarian courses.