Hello
After ordering coach Sommer's book, the Ians (from a rear support on a single rail, like the girls low bar, you lower down and straighten your arms out to a back lever, than you curl and press back up... hard to explain without vid) was one of the exercises that most interested me (particularly as at first sight it looked like something nice and challenging yet achievable looking. I have been doing them (granted not religiously, or to a degree of consistency and frequency that i would wish, or need to be doing) for several months now, and i have to say DAMN!!
I was thinking today if the exercises is even possible without a spot? Coach have you got any of your athletes doing them on their own or seen anyone doing it on their own?
I have been working them on the low bar (asymmetrical bars) and i can do the first 1/2 by myself (granted with some degree of imperfection usually, but I am sure on a good day fresh, i can do first 1/2 flawlessly). However from the back lever to the the curl i have 0 ability.
I was thinking that it would be much more realistic and possible on the Rings, but eithe way one key thing obviously to being able to this exercises on your own is to have a false grip, but that makes it even harder without grips haha.
So my questions is
Can anyone do it one their own.