This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

first form check ever - straddle press handstand

Started by katlinchen, May 4, 2014 · 4 Replies · 230 Views

katlinchen

This is my first form check ever!

I always wanted to do a good press handstand from straddle and standing pike press. I am

working on it since October and I am so happy that I got my standing straddle in December!

I just finished F1 abd started F2 recently.

I want to finish F2 and then really concentrate on presses and V-Sits. I wanted to know how my press is so far, what I might do wrong etc!

Sorry for the bad quality!

mitko

A side view would be nice. The biggest concern is if the shoulders are in complete flexion.

meras

It look's like you arch your back in the hadstand, and the press itself is done a little too fast, I think due to a lack of strength. Mastering F2 and working on earlier H2 progressions will fix this. 

Keilani Gutierrez

especially the sPl, Mn and SL progressions. :)

Alessandro Mainente

i would add, master H1. traps strength and shoulder mobility must be achieved while in hollow, this prevent lower back arching.