This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Press HS training with no stall bars

Started by Daniel Krammer, May 4, 2014 · 2 Replies · 172 Views

Daniel Krammer

I have been using this system of training for about a year now and can't be happier. My only concern is I don't go to a gym and do all my training outside in a park or at a tennis court for floor/hs stuff. I notice a lot of the mobility and some of the progressive movements for the pHS use stall bars, which is something I nor the parks in my town have, or anything that resembles them even slightly.

 

How can I still get the most out of my press handstand mobility without the use of stall bars? I can hold a hs for over a minute and wanted to work the press to keep my training fresh and interesting but it would seem the mobility is not something I want to leave out. Any suggestions?

 

There is a local gymnastics facility in town as well and I was wondering if anybody has had the experience of joining a gymnastics gym in their 30's?

 

Thank you all for the support and the great products!

mitko

If you can join the gym it would be great. If not you can find substitutes for the stall bars. Its not easy but its possible.

MT Nordic

ladders at playgrounds work fairly well and i use them sometimes for this.  Hand railings with horizontal bars can sometimes be found too.  In my area none of the gymnastics facilities allow adults due to insurance concerns, but if you could join that would be the best option.