Hi guys
I was wondering what the gymnastic community thought's were on Ktape??
Do high level gymasts use it through injury or acute injury?? Does the coach advocate ktape?
cheers
Started by HumanBIOS, May 2, 2014 · 5 Replies · 5,199 Views
Hi guys
I was wondering what the gymnastic community thought's were on Ktape??
Do high level gymasts use it through injury or acute injury?? Does the coach advocate ktape?
cheers
I don't think Coach Sommer will advocate something that helps people exercise when they should really be resting because of an injury.
Its another tool in the toolbox, and if it can relieve pain and allow training (in a smart and safe manner not aggravating further injury) then there's good reason to use it. I haven't got much experience with K-tape but the physio I work with suggested I try it for my niggling forearm pain.
I tried it in the clinic for about 6 months, but now I rarely use it. I did not notice a big enough improvement to justify the time or expense to keep using it.
I think it is important to consider who is applying the tape and how. I don't use it and I wouldn't let anyone put it on me unless I had total confidence in their skills and training.
In all fairness, I don't use it because 1. the theory that it lifts up the epidermal layers is bullshit!....and 2, the amount of support it gives is minimal at best compared to the forces generated against it.
dmcmanam: skills and training??....it's a piece of sticky tape...what can go wrong???