This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fl/SL3 brainwave

Started by Jon Douglas, May 2, 2014 · 3 Replies · 220 Views

Jon Douglas

Hi all,

I've been in a bit of an embarrassing little rut with this one for the past couple months; the previous one, single leg extensions, are easy to rep out. But for the life of me I haven't been able to get a single good rep of the double extensions without losing my line and sagging right down. I find a straddle FL MUCH easier than this movement (it's the co-ordination of the hip opening with PPT that throws me).

Anyway, I've been a little disheartened with it, and I've no idea why this didn't occur to me eariler. Simple solution to bridge the gap between too easy and too hard-- do a single extension, leave that leg out there, and extend the other one as far as I can to match it without breaking my lever. Do the prescribed reps on both sides until I have a nice solid double extension, then resume building reps as normal.

I can't believe it has taken me weeks to put my finger on a solid step forward. I hope if someone struggles with the jump on any of the extension elements that this technique helps :)

Jon

LateStarter@46

Thanks for sharing that Jon

... calling it a brainwave might be stretching it a bit though...

:-)

...It's so easy to tease when you're half-way across the globe :-)

Jon Douglas

It solved my problem and made me feel dumb for not seeing something so simple earlier. Brainwave in my book, albeit belated :P

Alessandro Mainente

i had the same problem, i used a simple mental activation. the extension was hard since i need to extend my hips flexor but also squeezing them ( it's like a false grip, squeeze the forearms but elongate them)...at this point the weighted planche mobility that i've done in the past helped me a lot. i pushed my hips upward by squeezing my butt as much as possible and then move the knees down! probably the hardest variation of front lever. far more harder then a fl hold.