This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

new kid + questions

Started by liorbialik, May 1, 2014 · 3 Replies · 120 Views

liorbialik

Hi all,

 

I'm Lior, 26, from Israel.

Just began the F1, H1 courses. the truth is that i have been reading the forum for a while now and the amount of knowledge I gained is amazing! the community looks really tight and its so nice to see everyone helping and sharing, reading about solutions to questions and problems I had/have during training. 

People probably said that like millions of times but the courses and forum are amazing! thank you :)

 

My first question is this:

I Just began the courses and I also wanted to learn about tumbling. so i went to a gymnasium near my home and the coach there immediately started working with me on rolling, getting into an HS (on the wall) and cartwheels and more basic stuff. 

is it ok training these stuff when I cant do a proper handstand? or have the proper flexibility?

the thing that bothers me, is that the GB programming is very well build and very thorough, and the training in the gymnasium is more "just do it enough times and you"ll get it". and i see some people there with a bad form fighting through exercises while they lack more basic strength and skills. 

i guess when you learn gymnastics, you do all these things at once. is it being too much form/technique-obsessed?

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this.

 

Second question:

I know you can start some elements from the middle (week 5) or jumping over elements if you can master them. My approach is doing everything on the same level, meaning doing PE1+iM on all the elements, even though I can progress more on some. the thought behind it is to have an equal and balanced strength all over and not have imbalances that will grow over time. is that a correct way to look at things? or should I progress as best as I can on each element?

 

 

Its a real pleasure joining here!

Lior

 

MarcinTrybalski

Hi there and welcome on board of the foundation ship ;) To your second question: You should definitly continue with the next element of a progression as long as you can proof mastery ! Otherwise you could be held back by a single element for months and months and that`s a waste of time concerning the elements you could easily master. I hope that makes sense.  All the best for your journey ! :)

LateStarter@46

Welcome Lior!

Q1 you've kind of answered yourself. At the gymnasium have safe fun but know your limits, and form is everything!

Q2 you should progress the best you can on each element.

Happy training :-)

liorbialik

thanks guys! wasnt sure about these stuff :)

really excited to join (and hope it'll stay like that after i master SL PE1.. :P)