So I applied for a coaching position in a gymnastics gym and have been on job training for a few weeks.
Now, following coach's recent podcast and also how he does his class: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13466-front-and-back-walkoverslimbers/ (I forgot which page)
I can pretty much say that injuries are waiting to happen in the gym.
Over here, gymnastics is more a females sport and from what I've observed so far is plenty of emphasis on flexibility and the artistry aspect, hardly any strength training (very negligible).
A particular concern I saw was the competitive girls doing upper body plyometric work (wallabies) with their elbows flared out, initially I thought maybe it was tough since I haven't tried them. However, I did see one of the competitive girls do dips which looked more like shoulder shrugs on parallel bars.
As much as GB is catered to adults and such, I think it can also apply here. Any thoughts on these?