I love the iMs in Foundation, and want to apply this to my olympic lifting. Any suggestions for exercises to do in between sets?
Started by aiken54, April 30, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,119 Views
I love the iMs in Foundation, and want to apply this to my olympic lifting. Any suggestions for exercises to do in between sets?
I don't really know anything about O-lifting, so I can't really comment. I did want to ask how you got started in O-lifting. How did you learn the techniques, programming etc.
Rest and focus. Explosive lifting is not something you want to be distracting yourself from, and you want to be as on point as possible next time you yank that barbell to overhead.
If you are a beginner, you can do footwork or stick drills in between sets.
This is what I like to have some of my clients do when they work in pairs or triplets.
For the most part I sit and listen to my music with the buds in, sometimes I check FB messenger or texts as I will be chatting with another WL buddy about how our workouts are going.
I also watch the show that is the gym around me. Or the other lifters. But sometimes I don't like to watch them or watch bad technique because it just irks me.
These days I tend to prefer to lift alone though and will often lift mid day and/or late morning when fewer people &/or the team are on the platforms.
I'm a beginner so my technique has a long way to go for pretty much every bar movement I do. What I do is video my sets and critique myself during my rest periods, then try make adjustments on the next set. Same thing I did learning handstands.