So. What's the deal with Slow Inlocates anyway?

Started by Jon Douglas, April 30, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,268 Views

Jon Douglas

Wasn't sure whether to post in mobility, skill or rings...

 

My lack of experience with technical gymnastics is showing again. I've been thinking about these lately, and someone was asking me the other day, then the video of Josh Naterman doing them came up again, so I took it as a prompt to ask. If someone in the know has a moment to enlighten me, I'd really like to know more about these, their requirements/use in developing conditioning&flexibility, etc.

 

I will also accept 'Stop thinking about these until you're concentrating on rings strength' if that is the correct answer :) but I would also much appreciate knowing more about them even if it's prefaced by that.

 

Thanks much,

Jon

Coach Sommer

Nothing that mysterious.  Focus on the weighted dislocate variations from H1 and the slow inlocate should come automatically.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas
Coach Sommer said:

Nothing that mysterious.  Focus on the weighted dislocate variations from H1 and the slow inlocate should come automatically.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach.

If it comes automatically, the implication is that it probably won't develop anything that the weighted dislocates won't. Is that the case here?

dmcmanam

No, I'm fairly confident the implication is that they are cool moves and they are dangerous to train with your own body weight if your level of flexibility/strength isn't there you risk tearing through your entire rotator cuff!  For the dislocate go to German hang and ask yourself can I continue with total comfort and safety? If not go back to aggressive stretching because that is most likely what is lacking for people on this forum.

Mats Trane

You are doing them in R1im1. Of course much lighter then on rings.

Be careful with them as they have hurt people including Josh N.

Daniel Burnham
Mats Trane said:

You are doing them in R1im1. Of course much lighter then on rings.

Be careful with as they have hurt people going for the to early including Josh N.

Yep. To be fair he was extra not careful (stupid) that day and did them after a bench press session which was the first time he had benched in a while...

 

Sorry for calling you out Josh  :P