This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newbie Question

Started by Seef, April 29, 2014 · 2 Replies · 93 Views

Seef

Hello,

 

I just purchased F1/H1 (I think that terminology is correct) and I am starting at the very beginning.  I started the program yesterday and did Workout #2 today.  I cannot do SLS/PE1, the Deck Squat.  As I squat down I just fall on my buttocks and the movement is not graceful at all.  On the rebound, I cannot recover to my feet and stand up.  So, my question is, do I just keep practicing at the very beginner level for that skill until I get it? 

 

I'm 40 years old and have been doing Crossfit for a year, and my mobility is terrible, so I figured this program was perfect for me.

 

Thanks for the help!

gohei_

Hi!

 

You can either hold a weight in your hands which you hold out in front of you as a counterbalance one the way back up or you can stack panel mats (or anything similar) to sit down on, so that your feet will be lower than the rest of your body. Once you can do it that way you work on reducing the help.

Seef

Perfect! Thanks.