Hi all:
I purchased F1/H1 just a couple hours ago after being convinced by some other forum members that it was possible to do it alongside my Olympic weightlifting program and still be able to make progress in both (although I have been warned to be careful in watching training volume).
I have been pouring through F1 for the last two hours. After that I'll pour through H1. After that, I'll probably read them both several times through again. Only after I feel like a truly understand the material and programming will I start (which I hope will be next week). I am sure I will be back on here a few times to ask questions before starting day 1 (not to mention all the questions I will have thereafter).
Given that I am planning on concurrently training Olympic weightlifting 3x per week, I will probably see how my body responds to the 3x per week model (while also reducing the volume of my weightlifting). Only if I am sure I can handle the volume of both FI/HI & weightlifting 3x per week will I consider either increasing my weightlifting volume back up or add a 4th day of gymnastics.
Just perusing the various progressions, I have a feeling that initially the integrated mobility is where I will have the most work to do!
Anyways, I am looking forward to the journey and thank you all in advance for your patience with my inevitable cavalcade of questions and the advice I am sure you will all give.
Although I am not done reading H1/F1 yet, I'll start with my first question:
If you were going to train H1/F1 at the same time you were training OWL, and you were training OWL on M-W-F, and you decided to use the 3-day model of training, would you perform H1/F1 on the same days as OWL, thus giving 4 days rest, but doing 2-a-day training, OR would you go with a Tue-Thur-Sat schedule and reduce training to 1x per day, BUT only have one off day? I should note that I presently train 6x per week. I do my fast lifts MWF and my slow lifts (squat or front squat and press or push-press) Tue-Thur-Sat. Thanks!
--Matt