This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Chris Garay

Started by Chris Garay, April 29, 2014 · 12 Replies · 131 Views

Chris Garay

Coach Sommer

FL/PE1 - pass

FL/PE2 - pass

FL/PE3 - fail; feet a little too high

FL/PE1/iM - pass

FL/PE2/iM - fail; hips too low, shoulders are behind the hands

FL/PE3/iM - fail; shoulders were better but still slightly behind the hands

 

sPL/PE1 - pass

sPL/PE2 - pass

sPL/PE3 - pass

sPL/PE1/iM - pass

sPL/PE2/iM - pass

sPL/PE3/iM - pass

 

SL/PE1 - fail; knees slightly bent, feet loose

SL/PE2 - fail; knees slightly bent, feet loose

SL/PE3 - pass

SL/PE1/iM - fail; did small chest circles rather than hip circles

SL/PE2/iM - fail; ROM too small

SL/PE3/iM - fail; ROM too small

 

MN/PE1 - pass

MN/PE2 - fail; knees bent, feet loose, upper & lower body should ascend and descend in sync - not one after the other

MN/PE3 - pass

MN/PE1/iM - fail; improper foot position, insufficient depth on the descent, insufficient rotation of the shoulder

MN/PE2/iM - fail; insufficient depth

MN/PE3/iM - pass

 

SLS/PE1 - pass

SLS/PE2 - pass

SLS/PE3 - pass

SLS/PE1/iM - pass

SLS/PE2/iM - pass

SLS/PE3/iM - fail; insufficient hip hinge (both the knees and hips must bend and descend, not only the knees)

 

HBP/PE1 - pass

HBP/PE2 - pass

HBP/PE3 - fail; insufficient lean forward, insufficient protraction

HBP/PE1/iM - pass

HBP/PE2/iM - pass

HBP/PE3/iM - pass

 

RC/PE1 - pass

RC/PE2 - fail; execution was fine however tempo was too fast

RC/PE3 - fail; tempo too fast, piking at the hips at the top, arched lower back at the bottom of the movement

RC/PE1/iM - pass

RC/PE2/iM - fail, insufficient stretch backward before initiating the sideward lean

RC/PE3/iM - fail; did not maintain stretch backward during the rotation, insufficent rotation into the stretch

 

Results/Comments: 

Failed to pass L .5 certification this attempt.

 

Very nice job filming.

 

The leg work submitted stood out as being particularly strong.

Chris Garay

Thanks for the invaluable feedback Coach! Should I submit videos just of the elements I failed, or would you rather me submit another video of the entire test?

Chris Garay

Coach,


 


I have included my Level .5 Test Resubmissions below. Please let me know how these look! I was further along on most of these elements beforehand, but I have enjoyed this process of taking a few steps back to make sure I'm doing everything correctly! I will also be preparing the Level 1 Test elements shortly.


 


  1. GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions: FL Elements
  2. GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions: HBP Elements

  3. GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions: MN Elements

  4. GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions: RC Elements

  5. GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions: SL Elements

  6. GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions: SLS Elements

  7. (And I passed all the sPL elements the first time around.)

Best,


Chris


Chris Garay

Hi Coach,

 

Just checking back in to see if you need any other information from me in order to continue the process for my Level .5 Test. Thanks again for the quality training programs, and I look forward to the Denver event in August and the Rhode Island event in the fall!

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Coach,

 

Anything else you need from me in order to progress with the Level .5 Test? I am hoping to attend the Denver event in August, and I am interested in working towards my Level 1 Test as well.

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Hi Coach!

 

Thanks again for having me at the Denver MasterClass. I had already seen some big improvements in my mobility since the weekend. I am VERY excited for the work I will be putting in between now and February.

 

Would you like me to re-submit Level .5 Test videos? I have yet to hear back from you about the above re-submissions. I would absolutely like to continue moving forward with the Level Testing process however is necessary. Thank you so much!

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Hey Zach!

 

First off, huge thanks for reviewing my videos and providing all of the invaluable feedback. It's moments like these when I remember how training alone most of the time is missing one important aspect: a coach! Thanks again; your high standards are very refreshing and much appreciated.

 

Here are my resubmissions. I edited everything into one 9-minute video, so I put a song in the background for your entertainment. Sorry about the orientation; I realized halfway through that filming in landscape is better than portrait for some of the PE's and iM's. Lastly, please do not hesitate to provide any additional feedback like you did earlier. That stuff really helped! Again, much appreciated.

 

Best,

Chris

 

P.S. I'm going to be putting an article together for Cory and Coach about GST for the online fitness crowd, and I really want to time it with my completing the Level .5 Test. Rest assured that I will be eagerly awaiting your response!  :D  Thanks Zach!

Chris Garay

Thanks for the feedback Zach. I'm inching my way there! I'll re-shoot the RC/PE3>iM today and send it over, but I'm going to take the appropriate time to really dig into the Arch Body Hold and Rocks to make sure they're right. I also have a bit of biceps tendinitis in my left shoulder, so we'll see how holding the arms outstretched overhead feels!

 

Again, thanks for the attention, and I'll be in touch soon!

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Hi Coach and Zach!

 

Back from the dead, trying to pass my Level .5 Test. I have tried to spend some extra time preparing these elements, and I am looking forward to hearing your feedback. Please let me know if you need anything else from me. Thanks again for your help!

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Hi Zach,

 

Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful to have an outside eye for sure. I'll hammer these in warm-up and resubmit a video in mid-May. Quick question: for Fatigue Failure resubmissions, should the rest interval be 30 seconds, or however long it takes to complete the iM?

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Hey Zach, here you go! Thanks again.

 

 

Best,

Chris

Chris Garay

Hi Zach,

 

Here are my latest resubmissions. I filmed the correct FL iM drill this time, and on RC/PE3>iM I spent some time twisting more while trying to keep the other positions in check. Also, I compared this filming of the PPP's to the video that you approved last year, and I believe I'm leaning and protracting more at the top.

 

GB Level .5 Test Resubmissions

 

Hopefully these all pass! It's definitely a different standard on the Level Tests than just in a regular class at Awaken... I had to get back into the "perfect every rep" mentality. I possibly over-thought some things (I filmed each of these several times), and if something is glaringly wrong, then there's a good chance I filmed a different version and could send that over too.

 

Thanks so much for all your guidance on this process! Looking forward to working with you in the future.

 

Best,
Chris