This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

looking for bodyweight coaches, workshop ... W. DC area

Started by Patrick Svoboda, April 29, 2014 · 4 Replies · 1,045 Views

Patrick Svoboda

hey

 

i will be working in the washington dc area for the next 6 months.

 

during this time i would want to train with the "best" coaches, visit workshops etc.

 

anybody can give me advices where to go?

 

gymnastics, martial arts, circus, parkour etc... i dont care ;) i wanna learn from the best!

 

thanks for help

 

greets

patrick

Chris Garay

Hi Patrick,

 

I live near Alexandria, VA. There is a good scene at Urban Evolution, a parkour gym nearby. Message me if you'd like!
 

Best,

Chris

Patrick Svoboda

hey chris

 

what do you think about the gymn class of Urban Evolution? have you tried it bevor? 

 

how are the coaches educated? 

 

thanks

 

greets

patrick

Chris Garay

Patrick,

Urban Evolution's main draw is Parkour, and they have several fantastic Parkour coaches (Sean Hannah especially stands out). I also coach their adult strength and conditioning class called "UrbanFit." I have not, however, been to their adult gymnastics class, but they do have a former Russian aerobic gymnastics champion now teaching (Mikhail Nazaryev). I believe they focus more on exposing people to the skills rather than programming Gymnastic Strength Training™ and conditioning. Hope this helps!

(Also, you and I could meet up to train too!)

Best,

Chris

IcedDante

I'm in DC for thr next bit and would love to get in on this too. I'll be sure to check out the gym. Thanks