This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breathing?

Started by Mark Schoenhard, April 29, 2014 · 4 Replies · 189 Views

Mark Schoenhard

Greetings friends,

 

I am so happy with the choice I made to start this program this week (F1 and H1).  Everything is very clear on how to proceed except breathing.  Is there any information on proper breathing?  It's a broad question.  I am used to nasal breathing, not bracing, breathing from belly and diaphragm and coordinating inhale and exhale with movement.  Look forward to getting to know everyone.

 

My Relations

 

 

RJS

Info on breathing: For mastery of push-ups i had an easier time on second mastery session when i slowed my breathing in a relaxed and controlled way. 

 

Thats all i got for ya

Oompa2

One of the interesting challenges I found was for the long static holds, particularly arch body holds, it requires practise just to hold the belly in the same position whilst maintaining breathing.

Mark Schoenhard

Thank you.  That's where I am curious.  Should short belly breathes in and out through the nose be used on movements that require reps and/or movements that require holds?  Like to hear more.

federicoC

some of this has been addressed also in my topic here ("beginning F1 ..."). I generally breath shallow during isometric holds, whereas I do breath in/out during the eccentric/concentric, respectively, for all other movements. I consider appropriate breathing to be part of mastery requirement. At least for me this is important as I have to keep on eye on that.