This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche leans before pushups

Started by Spphysio, April 28, 2014 · 3 Replies · 234 Views

Spphysio

Today I started week 9 on Planche leans (sPL/PE5) and after finishing the 4 sets of planche leans and the iM sets I moved to HBP/PE2 and decided to try mastery on pushups although I am on week 9. 

 

So I noticed that even though the previous month I almost showed mastery on HBP/PE2, this time I completed all the sets but the last reps were much harder in comparison with the previous month attempt. Also I felt the pushups much more on my chest musles (I felt them more fatigued - probably due to the hollow position during planche leans)  

 

I suppose this is due to the increased time holding the leans.

 

So what do you think is the best thing to do. Change the exercise order or just train untill I am able to complete mastery on HBP after Planche leans (Which might not necessarily be bad). I am just thinking whether doing the exercises in the order provided will really slow down my progress on Foundation courses especially in the later stages where I am going to perform much harder exercises.

 

I would love to hear the opinion of everyone and especially those who have progressed on the later stages of foundation.

emilianop

I was in the same situation and noticed it as well.

 

I mastered HBP/PE2 last week (yay!) and always been attempting it after sPL/PE5.

I too noticed that testing for mastery not right after sPL was easier, but decided to stick with the given order anyway.

 

Not really sure if it's something you *should* do, but as a matter of fact some cycle ago I wasn't able to do 5x15 pushups right after Planche Leans, now I can, so I take it as a plus.

Moreover, I didn't feel like my sPL/PE5 was really solid and because it's sort of a requisite for HBP/PE3 I didn't want to get there unprepared.

 

That's just the way I approached it, doesn't necessarily make sense I guess...

Spphysio
maolu said:

I was in the same situation and noticed it as well.

 

I mastered HBP/PE2 last week (yay!) and always been attempting it after sPL/PE5.

I too noticed that testing for mastery not right after sPL was easier, but decided to stick with the given order anyway.

 

Not really sure if it's something you *should* do, but as a matter of fact some cycle ago I wasn't able to do 5x15 pushups right after Planche Leans, now I can, so I take it as a plus.

Moreover, I didn't feel like my sPL/PE5 was really solid and because it's sort of a requisite for HBP/PE3 I didn't want to get there unprepared.

 

That's just the way I approached it, doesn't necessarily make sense I guess...

Decided to keep the order of the exercises as it is even though it might be more difficult...With time I will adapt I believe.

ausswe

Once you see f2 spl work you will be glad you kept the same order.....