Elevated planche lean form check

Started by tropical95, April 28, 2014 · 4 Replies · 3,249 Views

tropical95

Hey guys,

I'm back with another form check request. I just wanted to know what you think of my elevated planche lean. I am doing this elevated on a gymball because I thought it could be good to train with maximum body tension, which is created through the slightly moving ball. Hope my shoulders are nicely protracted and depressed and that you can see my lats working even with the bad lighting conditions. My back might be a little arched at the start, but I think it becomes better during the hold. The last couple of seconds I am trying to lean a little further but without falling. 

 


 

Suggestions? Comments on the ball-idea?

 

Thanks  :D

 

(if embedding fails: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAa0mKIDTmI )

J0X

It looks quite good, at the end you lose some of the protraction. Always actively try and focus on that. You could be slightly more hollow.

Adriano Augusto

More lean, more protraction, more hollow :D

 

How is your planche leans?

 

Cheers!

Gavin S

I know your feet are on a gym ball, it's just that in the notes for the move it says to have them on a furniture slider placed on an elevated surface. I'm not sure if the ball gives the same effect of the having the feet on a reduced friction surface. I am working this PE now and I find the smooth surface makes all the difference as it really promotes more lean and activation in general.

B1214N
Gavin S said:

I know your feet are on a gym ball, it's just that in the notes for the move it says to have them on a furniture slider placed on an elevated surface. I'm not sure if the ball gives the same effect of the having the feet on a reduced friction surface. I am working this PE now and I find the smooth surface makes all the difference as it really promotes more lean and activation in general.

It does, you can simply roll forward more on the ball to increase lean.