Human Flag Too Easy? Well, Try This...

Started by WitnessTheFitness, April 27, 2014 · 41 Replies · 14,888 Views

B1214N
Paf said:

Street workout guys call this move "one arm planche" :blink:

No the body is facing more sideways than down. One arm planche would be with the torso facing down. A lot of street workout athletes have more of a flag than a one arm planche. I saw a picture of a handbalancer doing a one arm planche on someone's head before, but I can't find it right now. Below is a video of a one arm planche. 

 

B1214N
Jon Douglas said:

Closer to a handstand than a planche, but still impressive.

I wonder if it's possible to hold a weight in the free hand and do a true single arm side lever? Probably too awkward to bother, but I bet there's some potential for some truly creative cirque execution there.

Actually, a perfect flag (one arm side lever) without any counterweight assistance is within human limits.

Pafke

I want to see this planche or one arm flag or however it is called without benting arm in elbow. :D

B1214N
Paf said:

I want to see this planche or one arm flag or however it is called without benting arm in elbow. :D

I don't think anyone has achieved that yet.

Pafke
B1214N said:

I don't think anyone has achieved that yet.

It's probably impossible because it will put too much pressure on elbow, but also it would bee nice to see it. :)

Joshua Slocum
Paf said:

I want to see this planche or one arm flag or however it is called without benting arm in elbow. :D

In this video, the flyer presses through a [straddled] one arm flag twice:

 

 

It's also full of other bad-assery: they do a hand-to-hand maltese, and lower through a hand-to-hand inverted cross. 

Eric Baum
Joshua Slocum said:

In this video, the flyer presses through a [straddled] one arm flag twice:

 

 

It's also full of other bad-assery: they do a hand-to-hand maltese, and lower through a hand-to-hand inverted cross. 

That is ridiculously brutal!

 

That start with a hand-to-hand muscle up to press to handstand then to inverted cross to a neck to neck.

 

And that jump from the shoulders straigth into a straddle planche =OOOO

Art Vandelay
Joshua Slocum said:

In this video, the flyer presses through a [straddled] one arm flag twice:

 

 

It's also full of other bad-assery: they do a hand-to-hand maltese, and lower through a hand-to-hand inverted cross.

Pretty sure I said this a month go about another video, but this is the probably the most impressive bodyweight strength display I've ever seen.

Edit:

Now I've seen this though and I dont even know what is real anymore

Christian

That was extreme. I'm gonna have nightmares!

Mats Trane

That was sick!

Art Vandelay
Joshua Slocum said:

In this video, the flyer presses through a [straddled] one arm flag twice:

I've watched this video like 5 times in the past hour or so, just amazing. The music, lighting and mood is perfect.

I just want to clarify the move at like 2:10 - would you call it a one arm press to handstand?

WitnessTheFitness

All of Raw Art's videos are awesome, I used to watch them before every workout for inspiration.

 

I think of that move as more of a one arm planche, too. By one arm side lever, I meant on a pole/grabbing some object with your arm to the side rather than on the ground. That is impossible, I'm pretty sure.

Flavio85

I'm training something similar to a 1 arm side lever - I'm hanging from a pull-up bar with one hand and trying to get my body parallel to the floor and torso facing the wall, does that have a name?

B1214N
Flavio85 said:

I'm training something similar to a 1 arm side lever - I'm hanging from a pull-up bar with one hand and trying to get my body parallel to the floor and torso facing the wall, does that have a name?

That is a one arm front lever variation. I call it the sideways OAFL.

aiken54

The difficulty of doing a flag with such huge balls must be through the roof. 

Flavio85
B1214N said:

That is a one arm front lever variation. I call it the sideways OAFL.

should I also PPT in the sideway version, right?

B1214N
Flavio85 said:

should I also PPT in the sideway version, right?

Yes, and also try not to arch at all with the obliques.