Training without equipment

Started by Kiwarrior, May 6, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,510 Views

Kiwarrior

Hi!

I don't have any equipment for training, only the floor and wall - so no bars, rings, etc. What exercises can I do without these? I'm striving for planche and HS press. I can already do the L-seat, Pistol, HS, freestanding HS pushups, and yeah i guess not much more. Some kind of straddle L maybe.

Blairbob

Use chairs to dip on. Find something to hang on for most of the pulling exercises. Go get one of those door pullup bars.

alimac

Definately a pull up bar. If you can find somewhere that can give you a bit of room either side of the bar you can add L sits into your pull ups to increase the difficulty.

Have a look here for some good ideas of diy equipment:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah ... eight.html

Kiwarrior

do the straps substitute the rings?

Blairbob

Yes, Kiwarrior. An interesting thing I heard used instead of rings like straps are judo belts which are probably thick enough.

Kiwarrior

okay, guess I do have some equipment then. btw, I learnt the HS press today, it's not a so hard one but I had to feel the technique.