Hi everyone,
I've been on the rings for a few years now and it takes me about 15 minutes even after warming up to be able to swing without my anterior deltoids hurting (more medially near the joint). I've previously separated both of my shoulders snowboarding (grade 2s) and my shoulder flexibility is still terrible although I've been putting more and more time into developing it. After about 15 minutes of light swinging I can open up on the rings and it feels good but recently my shoulders have been really sore for the next few days. I'm guessing I should stop swinging for a bit but are there other exercises I can do to help my situation?
At the moment, I make sure I do a 10-15 minute warmup prior to rings and I also do the straight-arm shoulder stretch with arms next to ears. I'm going to also start doing the "broomstick handle" stretch and I saw another post about doing stretches on wall bars that seemed useful.
Thanks!