This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest Time in Foundation

Started by WitnessTheFitness, April 25, 2014 · 4 Replies · 189 Views

WitnessTheFitness

For the past few years I've been in maintenance mode, but I've decided I want to get back into serious training, and have been giving Foundation a shot. Right now I'm figuring out where in the program I am by testing out the masterys of the progressions, but am not positive on the rest times. It says to rest just long enough to do the integrated mobility...so for a 5x60s mastery, am I really supposed to not even have a minute or two of rest in between sets, and just bust sets out back to back? Ouch.

 

 

Jay B.
WitnessTheFitness said:

For the past few years I've been in maintenance mode, but I've decided I want to get back into serious training, and have been giving Foundation a shot. Right now I'm figuring out where in the program I am by testing out the masterys of the progressions, but am not positive on the rest times. It says to rest just long enough to do the integrated mobility...so for a 5x60s mastery, am I really supposed to not even have a minute or two of rest in between sets, and just bust sets out back to back? Ouch.

I believe the course says the only rest time you need is the time it takes to complete the mobility work.

Alessandro Mainente

This question should be done in the foundation forum. IM is the rest you have. nothing more

Joshua Slocum

Note that the point of this is not to set arbitrarily high standards. The purpose is to build work capacity. Higher level ring training requires that you have a very high work capacity in order to be able to do all of the prehab and strength work in a reasonable amount of time.

Matt JC

I do 30 seconds of rest in between in sets and perform all the required mobility after the strength portion followed by additional mobility.   This has worked great for me.