This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 H1 beginner questions

Started by Jay B., April 25, 2014 · 1 Replies · 185 Views

Jay B.

I'm six feet tall, 220lbs and I love training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ).

 

I just purchased the starter pack and I can't wait to throw myself into this.

 

I have terrible mobility problems in my hips and shoulders. The integration of strength and mobity work is why I chose these products. I also have muscle imbalances in my side/rear delts, my traps/upper back and (strangely) my forearm flexors.

 

I'm editing this drastically because most of my questions were answered by my newfound access to the foundations section of the forum.

 

My questions:

 

1. What tempo should I use? Browsing these forums a TUT thread suggested a 5-0-5-0 tempo, but I just want to confirm.

 

2. Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive shoulder stretching program to follow? I'd like to find one set of stretches that I can repeat every day, but all these videos show different programs. A beginner gets lost easily.

 

3. Swivel hips. It doesn't look like your butt needs to be flat on the floor, but both glutes need to be touching the floor... yes?

 

Thanks in advance.

Rayne-William

#1. Use the tempo you are most comfortable with unless it is mentioned in the courses for a particular exercise. You may hate the exercise while you are doing it, but you will be stronger because of it.

 

#2. Don't take on too much all at once. Foundation gets harder as you progress further into the course. Other wise see Handstand1 and be patient with yourself.

 

#3 The answer is or should be in the private forums.