Excess body fat/weight holding me back?

Started by Shia, April 25, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,107 Views

Shia

Hi guys

I've been tryin for handstands and other movements for half a year now and I'm getting nowhere. I just tried to Hilda. Handstand against a wall and I couldn't even make 10 seconds. I'm 200lb with probably 30lb excess body fat.

I also can't seem to gain strength on a calorie deficit

I don't know which route to take I'm pulling my hair out at lack of progress and it's bugging the shit out of me and making me want to quit training altogether

Ravn

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but do you own the foundation and handstand series? Sounds like F1/H1 combined with some sort of diet and some cardio would be right for you.

LateStarter@46

Ok, so what you're doing now isn't working as you've given it a good length of time. I would suggest doing daily cardio and changing your diet - lots of suggestions in the Nutrition forum. By daily cardio I mean something low level like cycling to work, making excuses to move more during the day. It will make a difference.

Good luck with whatever new method you choose :-)