This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advancement in PE but not iM

Started by Nick Johnstone, April 25, 2014 · 4 Replies · 221 Views

Nick Johnstone

Hi 

I have read the into, no i'm not trying to get out of mobility. Do you have to master both the PE & iM before progressing to the next pe.  e.g Can easily perform pe2 handstand but pe2>iM. Do you progress to pe3 and stay on iM for pe 2 until mastered? or do you continue to perform pe1 and iM for pe1 until mobility is mastered as well? If having ROM problems with integrated mobility do I just perform more reps on PE until the iM for that pe is mastered too?

El Chino

You must master both the PE and attached iM before you can progress to the next PE. If you have ROM issues then just keep performing the mastery week while you focus on your mobility. I have been doing this on handstand for PE1 for past 4 months due to being unable to completely open my shoulders. I suspect I will be on it for a few more months. Frustrating to say the least.

Ravn

Hi Nick

 

In the first part of H1, the mobility drills are much more difficult than the PE's, so it's crucial that you master the iM's. The reason in simply that the vast majority of people have inadequate mobility to get into a proper handstand - This has to be developed, and therefore the iM's are at least as important as the PE's.

 

PE2>iM is a major stumbling block for most, so don't worry. Do not progress to PE3, until you have mastered the iM. As for PE2, you can just continue to do week 9-12, or alternatively week 11.

 

Personally I got mastery when I began working weighted shoulder flex pulls, which begins to open up the passive range of motion. This can then be incorporated into the active ROM:

 

I also did german hangs, but if you're new to this, I would be very careful with those, as they can mess with your elbows. 

Ravn

Someone move this to the H1 forum, please.

Nick Johnstone

Thanks Guys. Very helpful