Shoulder I keep my legs together at all cost on this? I think I might have a case of "my ass is to big" to be able to perform this....or am i wrong?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Question regarding PE4
Started by Jukkaboy, April 23, 2014 · 3 Replies · 179 Views
Yes, legs together. Coach has said you can work up to it by reducing the leverage (bending your knees --> straddle ---> full lay). That's what I did.
I don't think it is a case of big bum unless you are fat
. probably just weak PPT but you can post a video and we can see. Stretching hip flexors and internal rotators will help too.
Thanks Micawberian, I had not thought of that, but it makes perfect sense to progress it like the early FL progressions. Can anyone give any pointers as to cues for doing this element? I can easily do it with my legs bent, but straight legs and I'm still like 1-2 cm off the floor. I'm definitely focusing on keeping my ribs down, but other than that, I'm clueless...I got a 60 sec hollow hold though.
One of the moderators, Zach or Daniel, suggested to me in the past that starting to work the pelvic tilt exercises (PE9im and beyond) will help with PE4. I would just put in a few sets of PE9im in after my H1 stuff, and by the time PE12im rolled around PE4 became quite easy. Also, definitely stretch out your hip flexors and internal rotators!!!