This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Remastering RC/PE1 but keeping RC/PE3 once a week

Started by Spphysio, April 22, 2014 · 3 Replies · 181 Views

Spphysio

I decided to test mastery on RC/PE1 according to the new video and is actually much much harder than the previous video. I managed 15 15 15 7 so I am thinking to remaster it and then focus on RC/PE2 which I have already mastered and should be a piece of cake after RC/PE1 so possibly will be able to master it immediately. 

 

But I am also thinking since I can already perform RC/PE3 5x5 with good form (I was working on week 9 - week 12) keeping performing it on a separate day of the week and keep adding 1 rep each week.

 

So soon will have not only RC/PE1 mastered but also RC/PE3.

 

Although I believe RC/PE1 once mastered (according to the new video) one will fly through RC/PE3.

 

Much frustration but need to remaster it according to the new video guidelines.

 

Thoughts on performing RC/PE3 on the 3rd day?

Joshua Slocum

Don't split your efforts. They're basically the same exercise, so doing both at once isn't going to help you. Master RC/PE1 and then move on.

If you're concerned about losing proficiency in PE3, add a maintenance set to your cooldown.

Spphysio

Ok thanks a lot probably will add a set of 10 reps or maybe as many reps as I can at the end as a cool down.

-MR

Doing as many sets as you can probably defeats the purpose of a cooldown :) 

Maybe do as many as you can without coming close to failure.