Filmed 2 videos trying out different mental cues. Please let me know what to work on, thanks
1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1aWfnahDWk
2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHjjCQ0_bF4&feature=youtu.be
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Destiny, April 22, 2014 · 5 Replies · 219 Views
Filmed 2 videos trying out different mental cues. Please let me know what to work on, thanks
1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1aWfnahDWk
2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHjjCQ0_bF4&feature=youtu.be
In think you have a better line in the second video. Your hips are a bit lower than the shoulders and you're straight. So I'm going with the second video.
Towards the end you lose protraction. If you look between your blades, you'll notice a hump in the beginning. But then it slowly disappear. When you stop your form doesn't change much because you're already sunken. I would work on keeping that hump up until the last second.
HTH.
n.b. Total beginner on this one. Grain of salt thing...
Completely agreed with Nash. You're on your way though.
Nash said:In think you have a better line in the second video. Your hips are a bit lower than the shoulders and you're straight. So I'm going with the second video.
Towards the end you lose protraction. If you look between your blades, you'll notice a hump in the beginning. But then it slowly disappear. When you stop your form doesn't change much because you're already sunken. I would work on keeping that hump up until the last second.
HTH.
n.b. Total beginner on this one. Grain of salt thing...
thx for feedback. So in the 2nd video, if I pause at :12 would that amount of protraction be ok?
also for a mental cue should I be trying to widen my scapula, squeeze my chest, push the floor down, etc?
> So in the 2nd video, if I pause at :12 would that amount of protraction be ok?
Looks good to me.
> also for a mental cue should I be trying to widen my scapula, squeeze my chest, push the floor down, etc
All of the above + more!
Some of the cues I picked up from these boards and have really helped me is trying to pinch the floor underneath and applying external rotation in the arms. This makes the whole thing feel more solid.