This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Planche Lean form check

Started by EDM, April 22, 2014 · 11 Replies · 248 Views

EDM

Hi Guys,

Really need your help for tihis one...I've been working on planche lean during the past 3 months and surely have seen significant improvements, but still I'm not sure if I should move to the next element or not yet.

 

The first video is one of my last sets where I was trying to lean as much as possible. I don't have yest a perfect control and looks like my feet move to much:

 

 

This one instead is about 1.5 months ago whit less lean - I'm now able to hold this one without shaking for 5x30":

 

 

any advice is very welcome!

thanks!

LateStarter@46

Funny feet!  :lol:

I'd say get a bit more lean before moving on, but then you'll always be doing these to help your sPL progress.

EDM

The floor is very slippery!

 

By the way, my problem is that I might be continuing on working on this element for a long time to always increase the lean a bit more, but maybe I would see better progress if at a certain poin a move to the next PEs.

 

The only thing stopping me now from reaching a better lean is some pain in the forearm: basically, I feel some tension during the exercise and when I stop it burns a lot! Apart from this, all the other muscles are now fine (shoulders, abs) and don't get particularly fatigued during the exercise, so I guess the forearm is the weak ring of the chain.

 

Any thoughts on this?

Christian

I've been cycling this and the next PE for a while. When getting 5x30 on one at an acceptable lean I went to the next and then back. This has helped increase the lean and avoid stalling out.

Alessandro Mainente

Take your shirt of.

Cole Dano
Christian said:

I've been cycling this and the next PE for a while. When getting 5x30 on one at an acceptable lean I went to the next and then back. This has helped increase the lean and avoid stalling out.

 

Same approach here

meras
EDM said:

The floor is very slippery!

 

The only thing stopping me now from reaching a better lean is some pain in the forearm: basically, I feel some tension during the exercise and when I stop it burns a lot! Apart from this, all the other muscles are now fine (shoulders, abs) and don't get particularly fatigued during the exercise, so I guess the forearm is the weak ring of the chain.

Be careful with this, don't lean too soon or you might get injured. I had a similar experience before discovering Foundation and it led me to developing tendonitis.

EDM

guys, thanks for all the good advices!

 

I think I'll try this cycling with PE6 with the level of lean I feel comfortable with, also to avoid over-stressing the forearm.

 

Will let you know of the progress after some time!

Nash

Like Alex said, if you can take the shirt off and maybe move the camera up so we can see what's happening between the blades. It looks as if you're sinking a bit there, but I can't be sure. I've been trying to keep a mini hump between my blades as proof of protraction.

Also, there's too much movement. I think to move in there should be more stability.

n.b. I'm a total beginner on this one (week 2). Grain of salt thing...

-MR

EDM, it's hard to assess your form given all the sliding forward you're doing and the effect it's having on your feet and body line. 

I realize it's probably because of the slippery floor, but maybe try using a surface that's not so slippery. I do the exercise with bare feet on a carpeted floor and I don't have any of those issues. 

 

I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try grabbing two of those green mats and placing them lengthwise so that both your hands and feet are on them. Whatever you do, try to fix the slipping forward problem before taking another video.

 

Nice touch with the rope hanging down from your waist by the way; great idea :). 

EDM

No shirt and carpet! It will be done! =)

Nash
-MR said:

 

Nice touch with the rope hanging down from your waist by the way; great idea :). 

Definitely going to use this trick!