This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

must share an epic personal progress (for me)

Started by obc, April 19, 2014 · 5 Replies · 361 Views

obc

Hi guys,

 

I'm following the F1 program for a few months (started PE2 in most of the vectors now) and I wanted to share how excited I am from something.

 

Before starting this program I did crossfit for a year or so. Never was I even anywhere close to performing a SLS.

 

Fast forward a bit.

 

After ~3 months of F1 (just started the middle block of SLS PE2) I've decided to play with SLS (just for fun) and was shocked to realize I can actually perform it all the way down and up. I'm sure there's ton to improve, and I'll keep on following the program rigidly, but still, I was amazed that something quite astonishing was changed in my body:

 

I am now able to perform a movement that was not so far ago completely out of my ability by leaps and bounds.

 

WOW!

This is so exciting and unbelievable!! And I'm not so young (38) and definitely not athletic. But I now fully believe I can really go far with this program.

 

Thanks so much :)

~obc

El Chino

Yay congrats man! :-)

Nash

That's great to hear man. Do H1 as well and your shoulders will start doing things you didn't think possible.

Josh Hillis

This is legit.

 

For fun I do partner acro and some parallette stuff  (I'm pretty new to all of it, and that's what lead me to F1).  

 

F1+H1 has made EVERYTHING easier.  Both the strength and the mobility have made a difference in everything.  And I'm still basically at the beginning of both F1 and H1, but just doing it has had a major impacted on how I move and what I'm able to do.  It's pretty awesome.

obc

Thanks guys!

 

I'm taking H1 as well, but a bit less rigorously so far.

 

Nash, what kind of shoulders impact do you see coming from doing H1? I'm doing PE2 right now (head stand) and am really really behind with both PE1-im and PE2-im. it will probably take me many months to improve there.

 

Thanks :)

Nash
obc said:

Nash, what kind of shoulders impact do you see coming from doing H1? I'm doing PE2 right now (head stand) and am really really behind with both PE1-im and PE2-im. it will probably take me many months to improve there.

Mostly more freedom of movement and strength like:

 

* When in handstand position I can elongate by about 1-2 inches by pressing my shoulders up and opening them.

* If I'm standing with my arms wide open and thumbs pointing up, I can turn my thumbs down about 190 degrees whereas before by about 170.

* I can push my arms back behind me much more than before.