Core

Started by scribe3, April 18, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,314 Views

scribe3

So, I have been taking a level one adults gymnastics class, to cross train an my instructors, keeps telling me I need to learn to control my core more. What are some good drills to help me learn too do this?.

Alan Tseng

By control do you mean core stability or core strength?

Core stability would be keeping active straight leg raise where you keep spine as neutral as possible while lying face up and raising a leg as high as possible while keeping spine neutral without it compensating by either overextending or over flexing

Core strength would be hollow holds

scribe3

My instructor, was attempting too teach us how to do a L-sit and a handstand rollover,   So, I think she was talking about core stability

prior too doing them.

Bipocni

Hollow holds and rocks are good for this, as well as seated leg lifts (if you aren't up to a L sit yet)

 

Remember to work both straddle and full lay variations!

scribe3

How many times a week, should I do the hollow rocks and holds, an what reps would work the best for my goals?.

Coach Sommer

This is all spelled out in extreme detail in the GB Foundation courses.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer