This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE10 im flexibility

Started by Gillham, April 16, 2014 · 4 Replies · 244 Views

Gillham

Any tips on getting into this elbow bridge as presented in the video?  I can't get my shoulders into that position while my upper back is in that much extension.

 

Thanks.

MT Nordic

I suspect your FL is more advanced than your HBP component?  That will help with shoulder mobility.  Are you doing handstand course?  that is probably the best one for shoulder mobility.  You do need to get the shoulders into that position at this stage, or you won't be able to do a full bridge later on.  Keep working on it, and perhaps add in some more specific shoulder mobility stuff.

EDM

I've also find it somewhat more difficult to get into that position, particularly if the legs need to be straight with feet on the ground.

 

This is different compared to the shoulder bridge...

Gillham

Yes I'm my hbp is behind my fl. Yes I am doing handstand course. I will continue to do dislocates and I'm also going to get a friend to stretch me in that position.

I feel I have the passive flexibility not the active tho...I get light cramping in the mid back and post delt when attempting

Gillham

In hindsight I was just being a vagina and not trying hard enough for fear I would roll on my neck. Today it feels stable...more back less glute for me than previous bridge derivatives