HS progress and tips....

Started by 3D Guy, April 16, 2014 · 1 Replies · 974 Views

3D Guy

Hello to everyone, it has been a while since the last time i posted a video for critique.

 

i have been working a lot in my shoulder mobility and these are the results.

 

I'd appreciate your opinions and tips for a better HS

 

 

Thanks in advice and greetings from Mexico

 

http://youtu.be/FJHpBjuc5v0

Micawberian

Hi!

As it turns out, our handstands are essentially the exact same in form. I was hoping some people would have responded by now so I could use some of the feedback :D

Well, definitely one thing I see you are doing wrong is that you don't enter the handstand with your best alignment from the start. Instead you fix the form a little bit once you are already in handstand. That is something to work on.

Secondly, I am concerned about how open your hips are (mine are same). I notice in many of Coach sommers students they sometimes leave their hips very open which makes me thing that this is okay. (if you have F4, check out the section on HBP to see what I mean) However, I also notice that Handbalancer talks about using scapula protraction in the HS to cause the hips to close a little bit and bring them more into line.

Honestly, I don't know which is right, or if both are right. Because i see handbalancer and coach sommer's students do either version. Perhaps my expertise is not yet advanced enough to comment on these very fine details. Anyways, some food for thought, and sorry I do not have too many answers to your questions!

In any case, I have followed your progress over the past years and I have to say you have done a lot of nice work!