This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder dislocates questions

Started by dritar, April 15, 2014 · 5 Replies · 387 Views

dritar

Hello,

 

I have some simple questions regarding Shoulder Overgrip Dislocates. Mastery is about shoulder width plus one hand if I recall correctly. I'm able to almost do this but I find it's hard doing it on the first two sets.  Is having extra sets to warm up "cheating"  in this case ? 

 

When I do these, specially when warming up I feel a rather uncomfortable, not painful, but not definitely not pleasant, stretch in the right bicep right in the elbow. Is this movement supposed to stretch the biceps ? The narrower I go the less this happens, I think it's because I have a lot of elbow hyperextension so I think this is stretching my biceps more than anything else, specially when in the 2nd part of the movement.

 

Thanks !

TANSTAAFL

Definitely not. I'm pretty sure extra sets can never be considered cheating. Everyone has different tight spots/issues, so you might just need more WU in that area than someone else. Dislocates are pretty standard in a WU, so definitely do what you need to do.

 

Also...I hate you. I will be there in a long while :huh: .

Bipocni

Please post handstand course materials in the relevant forum.

dritar

Yeah, I posted this in the wrong forum. Can someone move this please ?

MT Nordic

It is fine to warm up on this sucker.  I frequently still utilize this as my warm up for my H1 days.  I start wide and gradually move closer in as I get warm.  Over about 6 reps I get my hands in where they need to be without traumatizing my shoulders by starting off there.  I know it has been said on this forum that we should be able to do mobility while cold, and maybe that should be a long range plan, but for most of us starting with a warm up will help decrease our risks of injury, especially when it comes to our precious shoulders.  

dritar

Ok, I'll go for mastery on this one. The next iM actually feels better.