Hi guys ! please critique my form on chinups and dips .Thanks.
Started by chuchodani, April 13, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,137 Views
Hi guys ! please critique my form on chinups and dips .Thanks.
Granted you are still learning, not bad at all.
Dips: While you are doing your best to stay up right as much as possible. Keep your shoulders back, abdominals tight and don't stop pressing your body upward with just the range of motion in your elbows, you can still press yourself up at least a few more inches/cm by depressing your scapula/shoulder blades.
Chin up and Pull up: As with dips do your best to keep your abdominals tight, and hold hollow body position. On the downward portion (The negative) of a rep lower your body down slower.
GoldenEagle said:Granted you are still learning, not bad at all.
Dips: While you are doing your best to stay up right as much as possible. Keep your shoulders back, abdominals tight and don't stop pressing your body upward with just the range of motion in your elbows, you can still press yourself up at least a few more inches/cm by depressing your scapula/shoulder blades.
Chin up and Pull up: As with dips do your best to keep your abdominals tight, and hold hollow body position. On the downward motion (The negative) portion of a rep lower your body down slower.
Thanks ! I'm going to do that in my next workout. And I have a question what do you mean with "Keep your shoulders back" it's about scapular retraction ?
chuchodani said:Thanks ! I'm going to do that in my next workout. And I have a question what do you mean with "Keep your shoulders back" it's about scapular retraction ?
Yes, rolling your shoulders back is scapular retraction. Rolling your shoulders forward is scapular protraction.
GoldenEagle said:Yes, rolling your shoulders back is scapular retraction. Rolling your shoulders forward is scapular protraction.
Update ! I do my best in Chinups for get a nice Hollow and PPT and I try to rolling back my shoulders in dips.Thanks