Jumping with these old set of springs is not an easy task anymore, people...
Turned 29 today...
Enjoy the clip, I hope you like birds:
paFCJKPElto
Ido.
Started by Ido Portal, May 1, 2009 · 11 Replies · 3,662 Views
Jumping with these old set of springs is not an easy task anymore, people...
Turned 29 today...
Enjoy the clip, I hope you like birds:
paFCJKPElto
Ido.
Ido,
This is just fantastic! Honestly I can appreciate how hard it is to flip on grass. I can only do basics such as front and side flip on grass and I find these quite a challenge but your tumbling and flow between movements is awesome to watch. You make your kick the moon's and back somersaults look effortless. This is a very inspirational video...please produce more at some point
.
A very happy birthday to you...hope you have had a great day.
Keep pushing the envelope!
Regards, Rob.
Happy birthday!! ![]()
unfortunately it says video unavailable in my country or domian
you guys know if there's a way i can get around that?
edit: found a solution. Damn impressive moves on grass right there! keep the videos coming ![]()
That was really good. I wish I could tumble like that! After a lot of work I finally have consistent standing fronts, actually I did 20 in a row yesterday as a conditioning movement
Sadly I still cant do a back tuck, I get super scared! :oops: But the back tuck is my one and only tumbling goal for this summer, I am determined to crush my fear!
After finals (they start next week!!) I am going ot start seriously working my back tucks and I will make sure to watch this video everyday before practice, for inspiration! 8)
and Happy B-Day!
this also got a favorite on my youtube profile!
Wow that was awesome, Ido! Those were neat combos.
That was amazing. I've had my back tucks down for almost a year now, but I'm working on standing front tucks and need some advice.
Farago,
For standing fronts I have found it useful to position your body in an almost slight arch position before take off and then when you initiate the jump you transition to a more hollow shape and tuck. Also, keep your head up. Your body follows your head...if you look down you will throw it down. Instead, think UP. Don't lean your weight forward too much before you jump, jump UP! ![]()
Hope this helps.
gymrob said:Farago,For standing fronts I have found it useful to position your body in an almost slight arch position before take off and then when you initiate the jump you transition to a more hollow shape and tuck. Also, keep your head up. Your body follows your head...if you look down you will throw it down. Instead, think UP. Don't lean your weight forward too much before you jump, jump UP!
Hope this helps.
Agreed, what really helps me is I actually look up at about a 30-45 degree angle. I find something and look at, I try to keep looking at it as long as possible and then tuck really hard at the last possible moment (if there is nothing to look at use your imagination
). This makes sure that I start rotation at the peak of my jump. When I tuck I grab my shins and pull my legs in and out in order to get the tightest tuck possible.
Razz said:Happy birthday!!unfortunately it says video unavailable in my country or domian
you guys know if there's a way i can get around that?
edit: found a solution. Damn impressive moves on grass right there! keep the videos coming
I get the same message. What solution did you find?
I went on www.zamzar.com and downloaded the video ( its the second tab in the bottom on the frontpage where u insert the youtube link and then choose whatever format u want it in).. there are probably easier solutions than actually downloading the movie to your harddrive but whatever, it works. Hope that helps ![]()
Razz
I noticed that on Ido's first trick: back tuck he lands basically in the same spot that he starts from. but when I do back tucks I land a far distance behind me (like this guys backtuck at 12 seconds
Focus on jumping straight up and only flipping once you are at the top instead of jumping into the flip like if you were doing a backhandspring if you know what i mean.