how to make your rings hang even.

Started by Jurre, April 12, 2014 · 7 Replies · 2,629 Views

Jurre

Hello,

 

A practical question, but does anybody have any nice tips on how to make your rings hang even? I normally just do whatever, and after sometime I notice the rings aren't even at all. Which causes one side of my body to work harder/different.

gohei_

or if you have a broomstick or whatever nearby, just let it hang inside the rings and it's a lot easier to see if its level or not.

Michael Taylor

I use a metre rule stuck through the rings with a spirit level sat on top.

Approximate to the same height by position on your body then use the above. Very quick!

Jurre

Clever ideas, was indeed thinking about making increments. Going to get a broom anyway for dislocates (using a rope right now), might give it a go before I actually make me some increments. 
 

Cheers guys!

howens

I use a 3 foot level

Bipocni

When I'm doing pushups, I just rest them against the top of my foot.

 

For pullups, I have to sling one strap inside the other one, so I can just level them out easy before each set.

bigB

I used a level and marked the various heights I wanted with contrast colored electric tape.

Super fast to adjust and accurate.

 

I've also tried rubber bands but they moved to much and buckle the nylon strap.

wheezer

I grip the rings, bring my fists together, and adjust the straps to line up my knuckles.