This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Padded Wall for PE1 Elements

Started by Mike71, April 12, 2014 · 12 Replies · 324 Views

Mike71

I don't have access to a padded wall like in the videos for the PE1 elements of WP, FKP, WR, and FTP.  I have been performing these PE1's directly on my wall without padding.  How are others performing these elements?

 

I thought of taking a small, square, padded section (like the squares on a gym workout floor) and bracing it on the wall as I do these exercises.

TANSTAAFL

yup. whatever works. I use a folded towel, I know a lot of people use folded yoga mats. I like the towel/yoga mat better than those rubber puzzle squares as they are a little softer and more malleable.

Jon Douglas

Towel is fine for me on wall or floor

Mike71

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Markus Klein

I'm using this kind of mat:42486_z1.jpg

Gavin S

Yoga mat would work, I use the floor mats at the gym.

Washienko

I practice everything against a hard metal door and concrete floor.

fazool

I use a wall in my kitchen...sheet rock.

When on vacation I use the metal hotel room door in not cluttered or the bathroom door.

Ravn

I practice mine in a handstand on a custom mix of broken bottles, used syringes and rat faeces. It's a bit uncomfortable at first, but it really keeps the immune system on edge. I will not post a video of this tomorrow.

Washienko

What surface you train on matters.  I could do SLSpe1 on plyo several weeks before I could do it on concrete.  A tiny amount of give makes a world of difference. 

TANSTAAFL
Washienko said:

What surface you train on matters.  I could do SLSpe1 on plyo several weeks before I could do it on concrete.  A tiny amount of give makes a world of difference. 

Bare concrete? I guess if you want to condition your vertabrea for back strikes ala Yellow Bamboo style...

Washienko
TANSTAAFL said:

Bare concrete? I guess if you want to condition your vertabrea for back strikes ala Yellow Bamboo style...

Haha nice.  My gym only has concrete and hard wood floors.  The only time that it really sucks is during headstands... it's like my brain doesn't work for 10 minutes after.

TANSTAAFL
Washienko said:

Haha nice.  My gym only has concrete and hard wood floors.  The only time that it really sucks is during headstands... it's like my brain doesn't work for 10 minutes after.

Yeah, I was just implying you should have a mat or something down as some of the elements are just not healthy on bare, hard surfaces. Most of it is ok, but deck squats specifically would either be done incorrectly to compensate crunching vertabrea or a potential injury waiting to happen. I suppose some could have enough muscle/fat to maybe help, but I don't see that completely negating it.