This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Push Ups (HBP/PE2)

Started by Mike71, April 12, 2014 · 3 Replies · 193 Views

Mike71

Should the form for push ups be the same as they were for incline pushups (HBP/PE1) with elbows sliding along my sides and not flaring out?  

 

Also, it seems that the hand position in HBP/PE2 is narrower than the way I was used to doing pushups with a wider hand position to focus more on my chest.  With this narrower hand position and keeping my elbows in, I feel the work in my shoulders and triceps and not so much my chest.  Is that correct?  Thanks.

El Chino

I am just about to finish mastery on incline and have been playing around with HBP/PE2 for the past few weeks. From imitating the athlete in the video with the hand position closer with no flaring of the elbows I also felt most of the work in my triceps and then shoulders so I assume that would be correct.

Mike71
El Chino said:

I am just about to finish mastery on incline and have been playing around with HBP/PE2 for the past few weeks. From imitating the athlete in the video with the hand position closer with no flaring of the elbows I also felt most of the work in my triceps and then shoulders so I assume that would be correct.

 

What a coincidence, I also have been experimenting with HBP/PE2 for the past few weeks.  I was feeling stronger after my PE1 element training and wanted to do some extra work, so I started doing a few sets of HBP/PE2 at the end of my workout.

 

I have been doing HBP/PE1 for 5 sets times 15 reps but have not given myself "Mastery" status due to taking too long a rest before sets 4 and 5. It is my understanding that "Mastery" is completing all five sets with the only rest being the time it takes for the IM (German Arm Swing).

El Chino
Mike71 said:

What a coincidence, I also have been experimenting with HBP/PE2 for the past few weeks.  I was feeling stronger after my PE1 element training and wanted to do some extra work, so I started doing a few sets of HBP/PE2 at the end of my workout.

 

I have been doing HBP/PE1 for 5 sets times 15 reps but have not given myself "Mastery" status due to taking too long a rest after sets 4 and 5. It is my understanding that "Mastery" is completing all five sets with the only rest being the time it takes for the IM (German Arm Swing).

Same. The IM takes so little time to do hence little rest that by the time I get to set 4 I can really start to feel the burn!