This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

press handstand easier on floor than p-bars

Started by katlinchen, April 11, 2014 · 3 Replies · 177 Views

katlinchen

I can easily press up in a straddle from standing. But when I try it on the parallettes, it seems so much harder! Why is that? I am also very scared that I hurt myself, because I don't always make it!

Any suggestions?

Christian

Probably need more time holding a HS on PB's.

Get comfortable with that and then start lowering to stand. Once you are over your fear you'll see it's just as easy :-)

meras

Do you have H1?

bigB

I've seen a few very flexible women learn straddle press quickly because it was easy for them to align their hips over their hands.

 

The p-bar may require you to lift your hips with your traps and upper back like those less flexible( I am in this group).

 

How high can you lift your feet in a Vertical Press (pHS/PE6)?